Everyone Needs a Mentor
No matter how knowledgeable, experienced, intelligent, skilful, or brave you may be, everybody needs a mentor or shoulder to lean on at various times in their life.
While life is supposed be getting easier with improved technology and better communication, in truth it is actually becoming more complicated. So when you find yourself in the thick of things or at a junction, you may wonder which way to turn. Thoughts are often muddled and you often need an impartial, but understanding perspective.
Family and friends may provide a shoulder to cry on, but fall short on helping to provide answers and solutions to problems.
Faster and Better Together than Alone
Throughout my life I have interacted with individuals from all walks of life across many borders. My work has required me to work alongside all kinds of personnel and stakeholders within and outside my sport.
Help in Any Situation
A good listener and experienced professional can help you analyse situations and explore possible solutions with a subjective but caring and supportive view.
Examples of such situations may include:
- A coach with student/parent behaviour issues
- Coach’s values/philosophy being compromised
- A parent with sibling rivalry
- A parent with a coach dilemma
- Extent of parent involvement in their child’s sport
- Selectors with criteria issues
- Athlete choosing between study and sport
- Athlete struggling to meet expectations of others - parents, coach, teammates, sponsors or supporters
- Teammate or colleague conflicts
- Caring Support
Who Can Benefit?
- Sport Enthusiast